The NHS website has detailed information on how to access physiotherapy.

You can also ask your GP or neurologist for recommendations of local services.

If you are considering private treatment, you (or someone on your behalf) can find a practitioner near you by using the following search terms online:

  • private physiotherapy for dystonia (+ your geographical area, e.g. Manchester)
  • private neurophysiotherapist dystonia (+ your geographical area)
  • private physiotherapist movement disorders (+ your geographical area)

It is important to always check that the private practice has experience of treating dystonia patients.

Dystonia UK is unable to provide lists of physiotherapists who specialise in dystonia as details change frequently and it is not possible to keep this information up to date.