The Dystonia Society Forum is an online support and discussion forum for anyone affected by dystonia. It is a place to share experiences, join in discussions and feel supported.
The Dystonia Society Forum does not use professional advisers, and cannot provide medical or legal advice.
- Messages posted on the dystonia forum only express the views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, policy or advice of the Dystonia Society.
- Any information posted is done at the contributor’s risk. The Dystonia Society can take no responsibility for the way in which any data might be used by others.
- The Dystonia Society provides the information on the forum as general information only. It is not intended to provide instruction and you should not rely on this information to determine diagnosis, prognosis or a course of treatment. It should not be used in place of a professional consultation with a doctor.
- The Dystonia Society is not responsible for the consequences of your decisions resulting from the use of this information, including, but not limited to, your choosing to seek or not to seek professional medical care, or from choosing or not choosing specific treatment based on the information. You should not disregard the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider because of any information you receive from us. If you have any health care questions, please consult the relevant medical practitioner.
Contributing to the forum
- Anyone can view the dystonia forum, however, registration is necessary to be able to contribute to the content.
- When a member registers on the dystonia forum, they must confirm their agreement to these terms and conditions before they can post a comment.
Rules for involvement
- Messages must not be abusive, obscene, defamatory or libellous, inflammatory, vulgar, sexually orientated, racial, political, hateful, threatening, in violation of any laws or good morals and practice.
- Messages deemed to contain commercial advertising or unsolicited messages for the purpose of advertising a product or service, are not permitted. - No chain letters, spam or junk messages may be transmitted to other users.
- Members need to respect that people may have different views from themselves and should be courteous when challenging these differences.
- The Dystonia Society will not tolerate any form of discrimination, including racism, ageism, homophobia, disability discrimination, blasphemy or sexism. Any person not adhering to these terms and conditions will be blocked from further involvement in the dystonia forum.
- Contributors are legally responsible for the content of their submissions, particularly if their submissions contain derogatory comments about health care professionals.
Safeguarding yourself and other contributors
- Each member must use their own unique username when contributing to the forum. Sharing usernames is not permitted.
- As with most forums, it is not possible to know the background and the motives of members so it is strongly recommended that no personal details are made public on the dystonia forum.
- No messages encouraging others to divulge their contact details should be sent.
Monitoring the forum
- The forum is managed by the Dystonia Society and is regularly monitored. When necessary, moderators will step in to ensure that the forum’s terms and conditions are adhered to and that forum etiquette is observed. Messages may be edited or deleted if necessary. Repeated non-adherence to these terms and conditions may result in individuals being excluded from the forum.