Read the Terms and Conditions
  • Page:

TOPIC: secondary dystonia following stroke

secondary dystonia following stroke 2 weeks 1 day ago #4180

• claire35
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Debbi
...yes I am in the U.K.
I just checked out your web links, very impressive. I used to do a lot of creative writing, but the dystonia has impacted upon my drive. I used to be an athlete, now I struggle to walk. I guess I am still in the grieving process. Life feels stuck. I don't want to accept these limitations, and yet, I know that there is no alternative...
I notice that you enjoy walking... how far can you get these days? It frustrates me that even walking causes pain.
I would love to make a living from writing and perhaps this is where I need to refocus... like yourself fatigue is a big factor.
I guess it will become clearer as I get more used to living with my limitations and adapting to them...
Best wishes
Claire
The administrator has disabled public write access.

secondary dystonia following stroke 2 weeks 1 day ago #4181

• DebbiMack
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
My husband and I visited the UK in 2012. It was truly an amazing trip. I even got to meet a fellow blogger from Brentwood, who's a big Doctor Who fan, as I am. :)

As fantastic as the trip was, I was on a horrible cocktail of drugs. All these pain meds that made it really hard to focus and concentrate.

As a result, I came to think of my trip to Ireland and the UK as the Magical Mystery Tour. :) Yeah, the Beatles. Naturally.

I found it very helpful to keep a journal. I shudder to think of what I wrote in it now, but it might help you grapple with your situation, too.

Also, reading books and watching movies help me.

Finally, I try to take a short nap every day. I could probably mention most of my suggestions here in a blog post. I know there are others who are in similar situations, who might benefit from my experience.

That's it from me. Take care! And thanks for checking out my blog! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds