donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cardiac and respiratory distress

Cardiac and respiratory distress 1 year 6 months ago #3935

• Supergran
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
I have now been diagnosed with cardiac and respiratory distress brought about by spasms in the intercostal muscles and laryngeal/oesophagus areas. This in real terms means that my peak flow goes down not unlike asthma and my heart rate shoots up so between fighting for a breath and chest pain with the high pulse rate life becomes very uncomfortable and not only that but there is the potential for things to become life threatening. I share this information along with a medical warning not to ignore severe back or chest pain which you are confident is coming from dystonic spasms as I have been warned that these symptons can be masking or may become a cardiac event/

I also share a warning about the stridor that can happen in the throat which can quickly become a spasm in the throat area which leaves you not able to breathe or speak intil the spasm passes. This if it does not pass quickly enough can give you siezure type behaviours in you body and cause you to black out.

In all these situations it is important to seek medical help quickly and there is a facility for your address to be red flagged with the ambulance call centre if these are problems you are having on a regular basis. This means that the ambulance will be at the door by the time you have finished your call.

Love and best wishes xx
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds