donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Oral Medicine for Dystonia?

New Oral Medicine for Dystonia? 1 year 7 months ago #3932

• PHARMALIE
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am just posting this e-mail for the thousands of people who have Dystonia because I know how debilitating, depressing it can be and want them to have some positive feelings for the future. Please read the whole article.
So this is an abstract copy from a well known scientific website.
We describe a young woman who had had treatment-refractory complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) 33 for 6 years before receiving antibiotic treatment with cefadroxil (a cephalosporin derivative) for a minor 34 infection. Cefadroxil reduced the patient’s pain and motor dysfunction (dystonia and impaired voluntary 35 movement) within days; the pain and motor disorder returned when cefadroxil was discontinued; and 36 both again abated when cefadroxil was re-instituted. The patient has now had symptom relief for more than 37 3 years on continuing cefadroxil therapy. We discuss this case in the context of previous reports of 38 antibiotic treatment relieving neuropathic pain in experimental animals. 39 2014 International Association for the Study of Pain. Published by Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved. 40 41 THIS IS ALL VERY ENCOURAGING BUT BEFORE YOU RUSH TO SEE YOUR DOCTOR HE OR SHE WILL NOT PRESCRIBE ANY ANTIBIOTIC FOR DYSTONIA BECAUSE ITS NOT LICENSED FOR THAT DISEASE AND LONG TERM USE OF ANTIBIOTICS IS VERY DANGEROUS BECAUSE THE BODY BECOMES IMMUNE TO THEM AND IF YOU HAVE A BACTERIAL INFECTION YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO TAKE ANTIBIOTICS BECAUSE THEY WON'T WORK. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT FROM WEBSITES BECAUSE YOU COULD DIE FROM LONG TERM USAGE OF THE ANTIBIOTIC. WE ALREADY HAVE A GLOBAL PROBLEM THROUGH SOME DOCTORS OVER SUBSCRIBING ANTIBIOTICS BUT THIS ARTICLE DEMONSTRATES THAT A HUGE AMOUNT OF RESEARCH IS IN PROGRESS AND NEW DRUG TREATMENTS FOR SOME TYPES OF DYSTONIA ARE ALREADY IN VARIOUS STAGES OF CLINICAL TRIALS. I AM NOT MEDICALLY QUALIFIED AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND TAKING ANTIBIOTICS FOR DYSTONIA. HOWEVER MY SON WHO FOUND THIS ARTICLE HAS A 2.1 DEGREE IN CYBER SECURITY AND FORENSIC SCIENCE. THIS ARTICLE ONLY CONCERNS ONE PERSON AND WAS NOT PART OF A CLINICAL TRIAL WITH LOTS OF PEOPLE. AT BEST IT IS NOT A CURE BUT COULD POTENTIALLY BE THE BASIS FOR A TREATMENT. THE NUMBERS IN THE ARTICLE ARE REFERENCES TO OTHER STUDIES THAT HAVE BEEN USED IN THE COMPLETE ARTICLE. FOR EXAMPLE THE YOUNG WOMAN HAD BEEN TAKING THE MEDICATION FOR 3 YEARS (NOT 37 YEARS). PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ACADEMIC PAPER WHICH THIS PUBLICATION IS BASED ON IS DATED 07/04/14.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds