Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: No Derbyshire/South Yorkshire Group

No Derbyshire/South Yorkshire Group 8 months 3 weeks ago #4121

• sevecoates
  • Fresh Boarder
There doesn't appear to be a local group in the Derbyshire/South Yorkshire area and I wondered if anyone would be willing to meet or discuss with me, about forming one.
I am a 66 years old man living in North Derbyshire and was diagnosed with Spasmodic Torticollis & Writers Cramp almost 30 years ago and although, I'm guessing it to be fairly mild, it has had quite a large impact on my life. For whatever reasons I am now finding it harder to manage, affecting my self confidence more and more. I am sure that talking to others and sharing experiences would help.
This is the first time I have used this forum so I am presuming a reply can be sent quite easily.
Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No Derbyshire/South Yorkshire Group 8 months 1 week ago #4127

• Bernie.McMahon
  • Thank you received: 25
Dystonia Society Administrator

No Derbyshire/South Yorkshire Group 8 months 1 week ago #4130

• billyboy
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand about mild symptoms affecting your life- I sympathise. I have dystonia of the jaw and it affects eating, speaking and smiling - not life-threatening but very annoying all the same. I've tried botox but it doesn't seem to work for me and the side effects were awful. I've decided to just live with it and develop strategies to manage the symptoms or hide them. Best wishes.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds