donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Reduction of working hours

Reduction of working hours 7 months 1 week ago #4138

• Shell79
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi

I am Michelle, 27 and have myclonic dystonia. I was either born with this condition or acquired it at an early age. I am currently working full time for a small company delivering training on health and social care.

I am currently off sick due to fatigue and muscle spasms, i have also developed difficulties swallowing due to the botox injections I have in my neck. I am feeling extremely low at the minute. I have an supportive family who believe they understand my condition but they don't. I'm feeling very alone at the moment despite having supportive friends and family.

I have asked to reduce my hours due to my condition and this was declined. I have been given the option of freelance which obviously won't guarantee me any hours which is why I won't agree to this. I was wondering if I had any rights under the DDA? I love my job, want to stay in work but I just can't manager full time at the moment. I have started to fall behind with work which they have said will be addressed if I return full time. I think this may be a ploy to get me to accept freelance work.

If anyone has information on employment rights I'd love to hear them

Thanks xx
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds