Forum

donatenew

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dystonia and Work

Dystonia and Work 3 months 2 weeks ago #4167

• KaryssFIN
  • Junior Boarder
Ok long story short =) UK doctors say that I have Dystonia (no official test other than looking at me) 14 years ago (Had noticeably since age 5) Moved to another country and they are shocked at no MRI, No CAT scans or an actual explanation of how I would be affected in life... just verbal diagnoses and prescribed drugs. The Doctors here are about to send me to a Neurologist who will poss do MRI's etc but I wont see him/her for two more weeks.

But a question is... How much work is too much?
I do a physically demanding job, so much so I go home in pain every night, its long hours up to 10 a day non stop physical labour.
Ive hurt my back and currently my shoulder is hurting, half way through my shift my shaking appears in other parts of my body such as legs. Since age 5 its been a hand tremor and weird posturing. Now im so tired and weak my hands can go with no shaking just cramping, then after a while normal tremor returns. My fingers feel stiff/tight if that is a way to put it. There are more issues with spasms in legs randomly and my constant fidgeting, sitting/lying still is not comfortable for me etc

Does Dystonia affect my muscles to a point that too much physical labour will weaken/damage them? Anyone have experience of this?

Just to add "get another job" isnt an option due to language barrier.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds